Monday, January 3, 2011

How to get Taylor Swift curls



As a curly girl, I've always wanted to perfect that "Taylor Swift hair" look. You know the one-the perfectly spiraled curls that always seem to look effortless. Well I've finally mastered them :)

First start out with with a good heat protectant
I use Chi 44 iron gaurd because thats what I've got at home. I'm sure anything will work.


Next get your 3/4" Curling iron
I use the revlon one but I have taken the clamp off of mine because I thought it took up too much room and I didnt need it for this hairstyle.

Curl your hair in small-medium pieces
(switch it up so it looks more natural)
Curl your hair around the iron like the picture below

The secret is to curl your hair around the curling iron. DO NOT USE THE CLAMP. Even taylor swift herself has sworn by this method.



Finally, Finish off with a good holding hairspray
You want your hairspray to be strong but not make your hair stiff or sticky. If you have straight hair you might need to use a stronger hairspray than if it was curly to begin with.
I use Garnier Fruitise Anti Humidity hairspray

pictures from google images

No comments:

Post a Comment